zaterdag 26 oktober 2013

Author Interview with Greg Sandora

bannerjack2


I'm thrilled to host Greg Sandora on my blog today, author of political thriller "Jack Canon's American Destiny". Thank you for answering my questions, Mr. Sandora.


The Interview


1) What is your favorite part of the process of writing a book? 
 
I love when the characters seem to come alive.  It starts to happen after the first few chapters. Then when the books half way done, and you get a chance to read it from the beginning. The characters personalities take shape and help the story with their distinct feelings and mannerisms. That's my favorite part of the process.  Overall the best part is sitting down to read the completed book.
 
2) Tell us more about your main character, Jack Canon! What would his dream holiday destination be? Which celebrity would he love to meet in real life?
 
Jack Canon is an idealist, he wants to make the world better for all people.  His dream holiday would be a week in the mountains, waking up early to watch the morning sunrise. Jack's favorite celebrities are Anthony Hopkins, he thinks he'd be a good billionaire financier Gene Hobbs in the story.  He likes Katherine Haigle because she reminds him of Sandy Collins his beautiful assistant. He also likes Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks for their incredible performances.
 
3) What are some of the challenges Jack faces in "Jack Canon's American Destiny"?
 
 The current President does not want Jack to succeed, and throws up every roadblock imaginable.
 
4) Is there a villain in your book? What is the villain's reasons for struggling against the protagonist? 
 
Billionaire Gene Hobbs, a man so eccentric he has a collection of artifacts of torture from the reign of King Henry, leads a worldwide cabal of greed.  Hobbs turns on Jack.  One interesting fact complicates the plot - Hobbs daughter falls in love with the candidate.
 
5) What projects are you working on at the moment?
 
Jack Canon will return in the sequel, Women of the House, Love Lust and Loyalty – which is due for release later this year.  I asked a reviewer to take a look at the pre-release and she said it a lot better than I could - “This is one of those stories that possess the ability to seize your attention from the first few lines till the last. With the entire realistic political spectrum, the heart-thumping action and the overflowing glamour, it doesn’t only glue you to your seats but makes you greedy enough to finish it in one go.”– Gladys Nicolas, Gladys Book Nook 
I’ll just add it’s a wild ride, maybe too bumpy for some. But, I wanted the sequel to push the envelope, so I pulled out all the stops. I don’t if maybe I went to far. My 5 second elevator pitch is - ”Think the Wedding of the Decade meets the Crime of the Century. International Espionage, Global Terrorism, Staggering Wealth, and a Cabal of Greed that threatens our way of life.  In addition there’s Romantic Entanglement that’s impossible to ignore. Warning – May cause blushing in some readers.
Note: I am currently working on Gabby, Angel of God.  Briefly, an angel comes to earth for a two week adventure. She’s beautiful, powerful, and here to help. She gets deeply involved in the lives of those she comes in contact with, she has amazing qualities.  Please watch for the release in 2014. Here's a brief excerpt from Gabby, Angel of God.


"I’ve got to go to Brunswick, Bo, would you take me? We could borrow the motorcycle; Wesley won’t need it anymore."

I didn’t want to admit that I’ve never driven a Harley before. I’d driven a few motorbikes when I was a kid, but I didn’t think I could handle a full-size Harley the first time out.

"Who said anything about you driving?" Gabby teased me. She was reading my thoughts again. "You’ll do fine," she added.

"I’ll give it a try." She had wounded my masculine pride so I was determined to rise to the challenge. I jumped onto the bike, propped it upright, and steadied it off the kickstand. Instinctively, I reached for the handgrip, rolled it to quarter throttle and pushed my thumb on the starter button. The bike roared to a deep-throated rumble. I pulled back racing the engine, "Hop on!"

Gabby climbed on the back and sat really close to me on the small seat. She reached her arms around my waist and hugged, laying her head sideways, her cheek to my back. I kicked the gear lever down and heard the tranny knock into place. I operated on instinct and figured it was one down and five up on the gears. Things were coming easier to me. I became convinced that I could drive this hog.

"Hold on," I hollered back, even though she was already holding tight. I gave it some gas, released the clutch, and gave her a half throttle twist as we roared into the street. Barely four seconds into the ride and I had already been through three of the gears. "This is a blast!" I shouted.

"You don’t need to yell, Bo." Gabby switched to talking in my head because of the noise from the motorcycle.

"Oh, sorry." I felt a little bad about yelling. Presumably angels have really great hearing.

"You’ll get used to me. Do you really think I’m the prettiest girl you’ve ever seen, Bo?" I could feel her cheek move against my back as she smiled.

"You’re so beautiful my heart is shivering. Even in my dreams I’ve never seen anything so amazing. In all my life I never imagined anyone or anything could be as beautiful as you."

"You’re very certain Bo. Tell me, how many angels have you seen?’

"Just you, but I know beautiful when I see it." My absolute conviction about that came through in my voice.

"Is that so?" Gabby sounded amused.

I was feeling curious. "Gabby, I’ve been thinking about what you’ve said, it’s hard to believe there are angels guarding the outer edges of the earth."

"Didn’t you pay attention in science class – you remember the earth is spinning at a thousand miles an hour and traveling through space at eighteen miles per second, but angels protecting it is the part you find too amazing to believe?"

‘‘Well, when you put it like that."

"Every morning you wake to a glowing red fireball in the sky and it doesn’t make you think, who put it there?" Gabby seemed to be in full instructional-angel mode.

"It seems ridiculous when you put it like that. The idea that there could be such powerful and awe-inspiring phenomenon in the universe with no Creator behind them seems absurd. Here I am riding down route one, on a Harley I didn’t even know how to drive – having the deepest metaphysical conversation of my life – with the most gorgeous woman ever – and it’s a telepathic conversation at that! I better not wake up and realize this is a dream!"

A few silky strands of Gabby’s hair were blown by the wind to caress my cheek. "Don’t worry, you’re not dreaming – in fact this is probably the most real experience you’ve ever had."

I realized she was right. "That’s true! I feel more awake and alive than I’ve ever been. I feel stronger than I’ve ever felt. I love being with you."

"Don’t get too attached." Gabby warned me. "I’m only here for two weeks in Earth time, Bo. That’s all the time I have and then I have to leave." 

About Jack Canon’s American Destiny

6065346[1]Title: Jack Canon’s American Destiny
Author: Greg Sandora
Genre: Political Thriller
It's the steamy summer of 2016 in Washington, D.C. just days before the Democratic National Convention. A long and painful recession has left ordinary Americans suffering, spawning the hottest Presidential Contest in history. Jack Canon, a man born into privilege, a witness to great social injustice is going to be President of the United States--no matter what! Desperate and corrupt, the leader of the free world orders a hit to slow him down. The plan backfires--the wrong people are dead--a manhunt points to the unthinkable--The President of the United States.
Rewind one year, Jack's focus on redistribution of wealth and energy has made him powerful enemies. Once his friends, Rogue Billionaires, Oil Sheiks, the Mob, all want him gone. The current President wants him alive--thinking he can win against an unabridged liberal. A Universal Raw Nerve of wealth vs. poverty is exposed becoming a thrill ride as deep machinations of espionage, geo-politics and deception, even murder play out. Kind and charismatic, Jack's just naughty enough to have you falling for him like one of his loving circle of loyal friends. Of course he's flawed, a dedicated family man, faithful to one woman, but in love with two. Is it his fault his best friend is impossibly jaw dropping beautiful? Think the crime and passion of the Godfather meets the romance and innocence of Camelot. A story that could spark a movement, a book that can seed a revolution. A heart thumping climax so shocking you'll pull the covers and draw the shades! One things for sure, through all the drama and suspense, you'll be pulling for Jack!

Author Bio

3929240[1]_optI'm originally from the Portland, Maine area and lived and worked there for years before moving to Southwest Florida. I am currently working on the sequel to Jack Canon's American Destiny - which will be titled Jack Canon Clean Sweep. The sequel will be available in about three months.
My Dad and Mom were artists, my father painted and my mother wrote poetry and loved to garden. Most Saturdays we loaded up the 1970 Chevy Impala to trek to a one man show somewhere or other. I took a different track graduating with a business degree; owning and operating an Award Winning Franchise Fitness Center. Currently a professional manager I am living in Florida with my beautiful wife and children, and following my passion.
Some of my other projects include a children's book called Sammy the Sea Turtle - about an infant sea turtle taken from his nest the night he was to find his way to the sea. Sammy lives with the family until their son - the boy who took him, graduates from high school. On that day Sammy, backpack in tow - begins the long journey home.
My second project in the works involves angels - a man during a visit to Bar Harbor Maine encounters an angel; quite accidentally, he is told - she was not supposed to make him aware of her existence. Only three others have ever seen the real thing. Naturally he falls hopelessly in love with the beautiful creature.
Links for purchase
http://amzn.com/B00BOE5KW4     for kindle
http://amzn.com/1939383250        for paperback
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/jack-canons-american-destiny-greg-sandora/1114757963?ean=9781939383259  Barnes and Noble

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten