donderdag 13 maart 2014

Book Excerpt from Brothers in Arms




“Did we get him?”
I don’t move. If they think I’m down, I’m going to use that to my advantage. As they observe me from afar, I concentrate on everything that pisses me off. How cocky these guys are. How Lori keeps being so hot and cold with me. How my guys are starting to turn on me. By the time they start moving towards me, carefully, to check if I’m really down, I’m ready.
They’re three feet away when I strike. I know from the experience I have fighting a bunch of bloodsuckers that if I’m quick and hot enough, I can reduce a body to practically ashes in a matter of seconds. I go for half that heat. I don’t think they’re trying to kill me, and I don’t really want to start leaving a bunch of dead, burned bodies in my wake; not at something that’s going to be a potential crime scene, and not when the cops are already trying to find a way to pin three fires on me. Still, the blast I engulf them in is hot enough to make them scream much higher than any grown man should be able to. I scramble to my feet, and run for the door. Before I duck in, I can see that one of them is on the ground, rolling to put out the fire, and the other one, though he’s managed to extinguish it, is hurt badly enough that he’s going to need serious and immediate medical attention. This should give me time to get Jimmy and get the hell out of here.
I run inside, and almost all the way to the room we were sitting in a moment ago. Before I get in, I slow down, to collect myself in case Jimmy isn’t done. When I pass the threshold, I’m reminded of the reason people call Jimmy ‘Blood Bath’.




About The Book


Title: Brothers in Arms
Author: Caroline Frechette
Genre: Supernatural
Am I losing my mind, or my power? Right now, I’m not sure which would be worse.
A little over a year after the events of Blood Relations, Alex Winters is doing well, with a relatively comfortable home life with his girlfriend and baby. Although his position as underboss for the Lupino group is starting to weigh on him, he truly thinks the most difficult times of his life are behind him. When he is approached by GenEx, and discovers that there are others with special abilities like him, he finds out just how wrong he is.

Get your free copy of the first book in the series
You can get a free eBook copy of the “Blood Relations”, the first book in the series from March 8 to March 12 to celebrate the release of its sequel “Brothers in Arms”!


Author Bio
Caroline Fréchette is a sequential artist and author. She has published several short stories, both sequential and traditional, as well as two graphic novels, all on the French Canadian and European markets. She was the editor and director for the French Canadian literary magazine Histoires à boire debout, and works in a library. She has been teaching creative writing since 2005, and manages the writing page Ice Cream for Zombies.


Links
Watch the trailers


Get your own copy of Brothers in Arms

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten