dinsdag 14 oktober 2014

Book Excerpt from Loving is Good

 

Read an Excerpt

“Dance with me? According to what your mom said earlier, you spent half your childhood out here dancing.” Gabe said.
 “Go on, cuz. I’ll play a little something for you.” Diego and Raul, one of the guys from the band, and the only two left after dinner, were messing with some new songs. Mom and Tia Jo, after they finished humiliating Gabe and me, retreated to the house to drink coffee and were taking turns spying on us.
“It’s getting late,” I said. “Besides, I have two left feet.”
My insides started vibrating again. A little buzz, which felt the way an electric razor feels against unshaved legs, started after Gabe slipped in next to me on the redwood bench when we brought the five pizza boxes out to the motley Saturday night Mi Vida crew.
“It’s never too late for a spin on a red brick floor. Come on, we have moonlight, live music, and you really don’t want to disappoint your mom and Tia Jo,” Gabe teased.
“You saw them?” Suddenly, my hand was in his and I was standing six inches away from him. My wanton body betrayed me.
“Hard to miss. I feel like I’m dancing with a two- by-four. Your body is rigid. Relax.”
I forced a smile.
“I’m not what you think I am,” he told me.
“How do you know what I think?”The palm of his hand settled on the small of my back, which triggered an explosion of nervous energy.
“Relax. Stop fidgeting. Just close your eyes, listen to the music, and follow my lead. And breathe. I can’t very well have my way with you in front of the family, now can I?” He laughed. “I’m kidding.”
There was no point fighting. He was too hard to resist. I leaned in until our thighs were once again creating friction. I released the last of my resolve, pulled my chin up, and made eye contact for the first time since we’d walked onto the middle of the patio.
 

Loving is Good


Title: Loving is Good
Author: Brenda Moguez
Genre: Sweet romance / new adult
Celia Mendoza is not living La Vida Loca. She put her graduate studies on hold after her father died. Now she dishes out advice in her e-zine column, Luna Love, Loving is Good. The problem is, she hasn’t had a second date or a kiss in over a year. Then Gabe Mercer, a modern-day Adonis, shows up, daring her to take a chance. The string of broken hearts in his wake turns Celia off, but his relentless encouragement to pursue her dream of becoming a serious journalist contradicts his reputation, making it hard to fight the pull of his topaz, come-hither eyes. He’s everything Luna Love tells her readers to take a chance on, but Celia can’t decide if a chance encounter is worth the gamble. But life has a will of its own, and hers is pushing Celia to accept the uncertainty and run towards her destiny.

Author Bio

Brenda Moguez lives in San Francisco. She writes fiction with quirky, strong women, with non-formulaic endings because life isn’t always perfect. She writes by the light of the moon and between conference calls. She has aspirations for a fully staffed villa in Barcelona and funding aplenty for a room of her own. When she’s not working on a story, she writes love letters to the universe, dead poets, and Mae West. You can find her at http://www.brendamoguez.com and https://www.facebook.com/BrendaMoguez, where she explores passionate pursuits in all its forms.

Links

Amazon
Barnes and Nobel
Social Media
Twitter:  @BrendaMoguez
Email: brenda.moguez@gmail.com
My website:

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten