dinsdag 11 oktober 2016

Guest Post The Resistance: Duchess

Guest Post

For me, I think that a huge difference was there were more details to go on for characters. The characters became more vivid showing who they were, which dug deeper into their story. In my first book I was writing based off my dreams I was having, so the story was there and it poured from me with ease but when I thought 'how would the story continue' that is when things changed; the details were in my imagination rather than what I was seeing when I was dreaming. Instead of being in a dream I was now creating it from what I could see to let readers be able to see it more clearly. In book two I wrote from Baylee's perspective and backtracked to where her story started. In book one, she was just a twin sister, a footnote in the story. Now she is our main girl demanding her own identity in a world she was already confused about. In my first book Garritt knew who he was, he needed to just learn heritage so you could just jump into action with him, Baylee has more emotion, more psychological issues she needed to work through. Because of these issues I needed to pay more attention to detail so she could figure out where she came from.
Every book is different, the Resistance series builds off each other, to build you must make more, for this book it was more detail. I needed to do more story webs, more outlines, I needed each detail carefully placed from how she got her start to how she had to choose her life path. Between character difference and details on their traits I needed to make sure my story details remained the same from locations to history. I'm not perfect so I'm sure I messed at least one of those things up and didn't catch it.

About the Book

book cover duchessTitle: The Resistance: Duchess
Author: Kristyn Stone
Genre: YA Fantasy
In this second book of The Resistance series Garritt’s twin Baylee takes center stage. Baylee has a hard time being a leprechaun, but when she is captured, she must figure out if she wants to be a normal teenager, an elf for her people or a ruler of leprechauns and elves.
Damon is in love, and even though what he did was wrong, he did it for all the right reasons. When Baylee disappears in front of his eyes he must go the wrong way to get her back.

Author Bio

004I am a mother of two wonderful little leprechauns. I am a twenty-seven year old bookworm.  I’m a day dreaming, writing stories, photography taking,  little nerd, and PROUD.  I have been writing for a few years now and hoping to influence the next generations with imagination and hopefully turn them into fans!
I live in Colorado now, where the views are amazing, there is nothing like this view! I have lived in Florida growing up (which is where the beginning of Garritt’s story starts) I have lived in Alabama but nothing compares to Colorado. I do miss the weather in Florida, I’m not a big fan of the white stuff (snow) in the winter.

Links

Check out the trailer on YouTube.

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten