zaterdag 4 november 2017

Book Excerpt It Feels Good To Feel Good


Book Excerpt


Book Introduction


Who am I, and why did I decide to write this book?
My name is Cheryl Meyer, and I recently became a Health Coach.  (Cheryl M Health Muse)  I took the HCTP program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition® for certification.
I am writing this book to help others who have pain from inflammation.  I want to share what I have learned in the process of eliminating my own pain.
 I got sick, really sick five years ago, and I was saddled with pain. 
I got sick because I was not paying attention to how I was eating and I was ignoring my body.  And, to boot, I had oodles of toxic lifestyle habits.
·         I was not listening to my body.
·         I had an ostrich approach of not paying attention to the available information that could have helped me. 
·         I took no time to take care of myself, or even notice what my body was saying or feeling.
·         I was busy taking care of everyone else, my staff, my mom, my friends.  It’s a lovely thing to be a caretaker, but I had to learn that I also had to take care of myself.
·         I was eating on the fly, or going out to dinner often eating rich, heavy [G1] food.
·         I was eating late at night. 
·         I was rarely cooking.
·         I was gaining a lot of weight. 
·         I was working 24/7. 
·         I was feeding on stress.
·         I was in a love relationship that had turned toxic.
And……I didn’t understand why organic was important or what damage GMO’s (genetically modified foods, defined in my section on food) and toxins were doing to my body.
Unaware that all the pre-signs and circumstances for sickness were in place, the pain began. 
I did not recognize the early signs of inflammation and didn't understand what was happening to my body.  However, I was aware of the increasing pain in my body.  I often woke in the middle of the night in pain.  When I woke up in the morning, I could barely get out of bed.  It was painful to move, and sections of my body hurt.[G2]   My brain was confetti.  My moods were all over the place.
 My MD took a conventional approach that wasn’t helping me.  In all honesty, I think she didn’t know how to help me.  And I was resistant to taking additional pills.
I knew I needed to lose weight, but I didn't want to diet, and [G3] I didn’t want to change the way that I ate.  It seemed that changing what I ate would lead to a life of deprivation. 
So it was Pain with a capital P that set me on a five-year journey to get well and to make drastic lifestyle changes. 
This introduction continues in “It Feels Good to Feel Good, learn to eliminate toxins, reverse inflammation and feel great again.”

About the Book

Title: It Feels Good to Feel Good
Author: Cheryl Meyer
Genre: Non-Fiction / Health
Got Pain?
This book is for anyone with chronic pain looking for answers. It will give you a place to start. You don’t have to resign yourself to a life of pain and pills.
In this book you will learn:
* What is causing your pain and how to eliminate it.
* How to find a practitioner that will help you gain back your health.
* What’s in your food? Organic, conventional, GMOs processed, fast, canned, dairy, factory farmed meat, soy, water.  Identify your sensitivities and heal your leaky gut.
* Identify the toxins in your life. in  your cosmetics, over the counter drugs,in you kitchen, in your body. Learn how to purge them.
* 34 stress busting ideas, and four simple exercises to reduce your stress.
* 32 suggestions from leading functional experts on how to get a good night’s sleep..
* How to recognize a toxic relationship and make it work or walk away.
* How to tame Anxious Negative Thoughts “ANTs”.
* The importance of movement, even for people who don’t like to move
* How to take control of your health, reduce your inflammation and feel great again!

Author Bio

About Cheryl Meyer aka Cheryl M Health Muse and her book, “It Feels Good to Feel Good, learn about toxins, reducing inflammation and feel great again.”
Five years ago, Cheryl got sick, really sick.  It was a perfect storm: she was working 24/7; her long-term relationship imploded; economic changes slowed her business; she got Type II diabetes; she was taking care of everyone else; her stress was out of control.
Then one morning … viola, Cheryl woke up in incredible pain that didn’t go away. Her doctor didn’t recognize what it was and thought it was in her head.
Cheryl didn’t want more pills, so she embarked on her own journey to find wellness.  When she started, she didn’t even know what she was looking for.  She was stunned to find toxins in every aspect of her life that were poisoning her.  She discovered the Functional Medicine community.  She was tested for food sensitivities.
This book shares everything that Cheryl learned to reverse her inflammation and put her autoimmune diseases at bay.  This is the get well manual that she wishes had been available when she got sick. The book is about first identifying  that toxins that were a significant cause of her leaky gut, then she identified  what  the toxins were  and finally she shares what she replaced them with. She addresses the toxins in our food, in our cosmetics, our cleaning supplies, our kitchen utensils, our water, our over the counter drugs, and even in our heads, stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, lack of movement and finally toxic relationships.  She wants to help others find a path to wellness.
Cheryl is now relatively pain-free, but still considers herself a work in progress.  She avoids the foods and spices on her specific, long list of problem foods.  She has purged toxins.  She has released stress and nagging worry.  She has learned to find joy in movement.  She has found love.  She is grateful.
Cheryl believes that following her journey will help you live a long, happy and pain-free life.
In order to help others, Cheryl has become a Holistic Health Coach, certified from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition©.
My book has won the following awards to date:
  • 3rd place CIPA EVVY Health/Wellness,
  • 2nd Place CIPA EVVY Illustrator in a non-children’s book
  • New Apple Summer Digital sole winner in Health/medical
  • The Living Evergreen Award Gold winner for books that exemplify better living.
  • It is in the top 10 from Write your Own Dream Book, November 17, Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
  • TOP 12 Books on the Spirited Woman Fall Equinox 2017 book list.

Book Reviews

“It Feels Good to Feel Good, learn to eliminate toxins, reduce inflammation and feel great again” is written by Cheryl Meyer, a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition®, where she completed a cutting edge curriculum in nutrition and health coaching taught by the world’s leading experts in health and wellness.  I recommend you read this book and be in touch with Cheryl (Cheryl M Health Muse ) to see how she can help you successfully achieve your goals.
– Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, Founder/Director, Institute for Integrative Nutrition
If you want to truly feel better…clean up! Just one tip from Cheryl’s book will change your life. She has written the ultimate source for getting well through detoxification.”Suzy Cohen, RPh Author of “Drug Muggers: Which Medications Are Robbing Your Body of Essential Nutrients and How to Restore Them.
“You have taken putting soap in the mouth for naughty words …” to a New Level!  LOL Who knew we were surrounded by so many toxins.
I’ve pretty much finished your book now working on giving sections to my family and friend that I think will especially appreciate certain chapters!  YOU, my Dear, have found your calling, YOU make this rather “dull” subject a Very Good, interesting read, with fun personal touches along the way.
I LOVE your book; I hope people will embrace it.  Why worry so much about health care if we keep killing ourselves with poison.  We can all start with eliminating the toxins out of our lives.              Val Peterson
“As a Functional Medicine Doctor who partners with patients to deal with the root causes of their symptoms, it was a pleasure to read a book that offers such a comprehensive yet simple approach to improve health, reduce inflammation and pain, lose weight and increase energy. This is a great reference to keep in reach on your own journey to optimal wellness.  If you are struggling with chronic symptoms like digestive problems, hormonal imbalances, and autoimmune disorders, this book may really help you. It lays out practical tools that you can use right away and at your own pace, everything from how to change your shopping choices to getting more comprehensive medical testing to reduce your toxic burden. Her simple to understand, well researched and easy-to-adopt tools can be helpful to even the busiest among us.”   Dr. Shilpa Sayana, Founder and Medical Director, Sayana Wellness Centers
“Cheryl has been not only been an exemplary patient, she has made it her mission to inspire and help others with her experience and knowledge!”   Susan Spizer, MTCM, L.Ac.
She writes like she talks, straight and with passion.  What you will read here will surprise you. A helpful read that you will refer back time and time again for reference.” Scott Lee, Master, Body and Brain Yoga, Monrovia
“My friend, Cheryl Meyer has written a book that I recently finished called “It feels good to feel good”. It has a lot of common sense solutions (many that you would never think of) to healthy, toxin free living designed around the reduction of inflammation through what you put in and on your body. Most of this is from her personal experience. I know Cheryl to be one of the finest people you’ll ever know. Cheryl’s also a big proponent of “functional medicine”. If you are unfamiliar with this form of medical practice, you need to read her book. It will change the way you think”.  Frank Jones
Cheryl’s book is as timely as it is informative. This is an excellent read for those seasoned in the holistic lifestyle as well as those just beginning. There is something for everyone. Her material covers everything from probiotics, house cleaning materials, and abdominal massages, to which teas to drink for better sleep. She has the latest information on metal detoxing and extensive research on the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat.
Cheryl provides real solutions that can be implemented far beyond the basics with a bend toward functional medicine. I personally ordered three products within hours of reading her book. I’m especially thrilled with the depth of her research around relationships and those that can be toxic. Make sure to read this book and hold onto the “not to miss points” at the beginning of each section.
Shannon Eavenson, Author, & Physical Therapist/Health Coach


Links

website
Facebook
Facebook It Feels Good to Feel Good
Twitter
Instagram
Linkedin
Blog

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten